Sunday, August 24, 2014

Florals mean business








Who said you can't mix florals and business pieces in an outfit? I paired my new long bandage skirt from H&M with this black acid wash muscle tee from Brandy Melville. The business formal of the long black skirt gets a fresh, modern, and sexy upgrade with the mesh stripes revealing some slight leg action. I toned down the formal structure of the skirt even more with the loose, relaxed fit of the Brandy muscle tee. Next, I brought on the floral. For a refreshing splash of color, I added my thrifted floral kimono. The chiffon material was just the perfect coverage for this sunny yet breezy day in Seattle. The flowiness of the kimono topped off this look with just the right amount of a lack of structure. 

I actually created this look for my new internship with CollegeFashionista. We were instructed to take a picture for our Style Guru bio, and I wanted to appear a little more professional yet on my own style terms (since this would be the picture displayed next to my name everywhere on the site). I just love playing around with opposing structures to create multi-toned outfits so this was the perfect outfit to represent my own style and who I am for this new community I'll be giving style advice to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment