Friday, November 14, 2014

"Women who wear black lead colorful lives" - Neiman Marcus








One thing is for sure–they weren't kidding about the "cold-shoulder" part of cold-shoulder tops. With fall in full swing now, tops like this flow perfectly in the autumn breeze. This top reminds me of a eulogy to summer fashion. With its summer-y, boho structure but solid black coloring, I was inspired to make this look a lot more dark and enigmatic. 

I paired this with my favorite DIY distressed boyfriend jeans which really complement the looseness of my top, making the whole outfit ultra comfy for lounging around! I slipped on my Steve Madden leopard-print loafers for a tiny pop of pattern and color to break the solidity of the rest of the outfit. 

I absolutely love the look of layered necklaces, and there's a really funny origin of my yin yang necklace. When I went back home this past summer, I found this lying around my house.....Apparently it was my brother's from when he was younger but I literally just swooped and brought it back with me to Seattle. I've been seeing these types of short, choker-like necklaces everywhere lately, and it was extremely satisfying that I just found one lying around the house. But I digress! I doubled this awesome yin yang necklace with my long, silver cross necklace to help elongate my already short frame.

The finishing touch on this look was my dark, vampy lip courtesy of Kat Von D's Studded Kiss Lipstick in Vampira (a cult favorite!). Review is up on my blog already bee-tee-dubs! I really loved the instillment of dark elements all throughout this look because I used to always wear light colors regardless of the season. A refreshing change/experimentation nonetheless! 

Stay tuned for my Style Guru Style article on this outfit coming out next Wednesday on CollegeFashionista!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment