Thursday, November 13, 2014

Kat Reviews the Kat Von D Studded Kiss Lipstick (Vampira)



Alright. I'm going to be completely honest with you. I never, ever used to be a lipstick girl. For the simple reason that I always struggled with chapped lips due to my dry skin condition. Counterintuitively, I have also always been an avid fan of the matte dark red lip trend. So, after countless fruitless trips to Sephora wondering if I should just take my chances and buy a higher end lipstick that's more likely to promise more moisturizing effects, I finally made an executive decision to purchase the Kat Von D Studded Kiss Lipstick in Vampira. Don't worry I did my fair amount of research, swatched it in the store, and asked the Sephora employees their thoughts. Little did I know, I had picked up a true cult favorite beauty product! 

Let me tell you. This lipstick seriously took me by surprise. It goes on super creamy and buttery (or as buttery as a matte lipstick can be), and I'm able to get a smooth, matte finish easily with a few coats. My lips don't end up feeling chapped or dry while wearing it. The Studded Kiss Lipstick's staying power is strong in my opinion (unless you're going to be eating or drinking something without a straw). I did find myself having to reapply and touch-up several times throughout the day, but its nothing short of what normal beauty enthusiasts do on the regular. 

In short, this lipstick has started my own internal lipstick revolution. I feel so much more compelled now to expand my sad, minuscule lipstick collection and explore other colors of the lipstick world. I find myself loving to pair this vampy red lip with grunge outfits. It just adds that perfect cherry-on-top touch.

**Note: The lipstick goes on much darker (especially with several coats) than how it appears in the tube. Refer to the picture below for how it looks on!




No comments:

Post a Comment