Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Straight to the point





I am so ecstatic today because I have finally satisfied my craving for some new shoes! I picked up these pointed flats from Steven by Steve Madden the other day and I am completely in love with them (okay minus the fact that they're a little painful to break in) but that's beside the point! No pun intended. I just love the versatility of the combination of black and white. If you've been reading my past posts, you can tell I've been really feeling this monochrome color scheme! I feel like it's a great transitional style for in between seasons! 

I wanted to showcase these lovelies by keeping the outfit within the black and white color range. I kept it simple with some black cuffed trousers from H&M and my white American Apparel crop tank. I added the belt to add some finesse...and to also help keep my pants up because these are technically not meant to be high waisted but rather loose hip huggers! 

My two cents on these shoes are that, for one, they have a great design. The texture of the material is sort of like a fake snakeskin, but the shoe itself is very sturdy. The only thing is that because it's sturdy the front half and also the back strap digs into my foot for now, but I'm crossing my fingers that they will adjust to the shape of my feet in due time! ....and hopefully that due time means soon....but hey, there is that saying "beauty is pain" right? 

No comments:

Post a Comment