Sunday, January 19, 2014

Short and Sweet

White coat (Nordstrom) / Dotted lace-trim dress (Buffalo Exchange) / Nike leggings (Nordstrom Rack) / Diba buckled boots (Nordstrom Rack)


Who says you can't be comfy and still feel stylish? This thrifted t-shirt dress I got from Buffalo Exchange has a great, buttery feel, and with its small white polka dot pattern and refined 2-tier cream lace trim on the bottom, it truly gives the simple t-shirt structure that extra oompf. Going along with the comfortable theme, I decided to slip into my ultra comfy Nike leggings which are thick enough to keep me warm in this 45 degree weather. These leggings also have a thick waist band that won't hug too tight and cause, well, any unwanted muffin tops. As for my shoes, I know what you all are thinking. And no, they're (very very unfortunately) not the Chloe Susanna boots. As a broke college student, that's a luxury I can only hope to one day afford, so for now these will do just fine. I found these Chloe copycat shoes at Nordstrom Rack for about $70 USD and I immediately bought them without any regret or hesitation. $70 instead of the $500-$1000 I could be spending on this shoe look? I'd say that's more than just a steal. In addition, the quality of these booties are absolutely great, and the small wooden heel makes a clack-y sound that gives off a sophisticated high-heel sound which makes me feel like a total boss lady. I wore this whole outfit when I had breakfast with my parents at this interesting cabin-style hotel in the middle of suburbia.

And with that, I leave you with a mouthwatering video I took of my dad slowly drizzling maple syrup over a freshly made waffle <3


No comments:

Post a Comment